iTunes down?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gquiring, Mar 22, 2011.

1. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

I can't seem to install anything on my iPhone or iPad. I get "Waiting ..." under the icon. It's also not prompting for my password when I try to install anything.

2. landscapeman macrumors regular

Same here. I got my iPhone to download about half way through. I'm glad that I am not the only one

3. bwbboot macrumors newbie

YES. It seems. Same problem here.

"We could not complete your iTunes Store request. The network connection was lost. There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later."

4. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Ditto here in the UK - identical error message as bwbboot.

5. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

It's because everyone in the world is downloading Angry Birds Rio at the same time lol....

Seriously though, I'm having the same problem. I, on the other hand, called Apple Care and wasted half an hour with them trying to diagnose my "network problems" despite telling them over and over that my MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone were all having the same problem, BUT my girlfriend's account worked on the MacBook Pro and her iPhone connected to the same network. I love AppleCare , but their phone support is always so reluctant to admit it could be a problem on their end.

6. jdubs44 macrumors newbie

Solution

There was a software update to your iphone (4.03) I believe. I tunes does not recognize that update. You need to run a software update on YOUR COMPUTER where the update for itunes will now recognize the update to your phone. Kind of screwy that they did it this way but mine now works.

John
    http://daddysincharge.com

7. landscapeman macrumors regular