Itunes Downgrade

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cell Tech, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Cell Tech macrumors newbie

Hello Members,

Is there any manual or advices how to downgrade Itunes 8.1 to 8.0???

I have a MacBook Pro

Regards

Thank you

Cell Tech

2. bigmack209 macrumors newbie

bigmack209

forgive me if i'm wrong, but it seems simple to me.
    uninstall itunes 8.1, download and install itunes 8.0
    to be safe, if you want to back up your songs you can find them in ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music, and just put itunes 8.1 on a jump drive and take it off your computer.

actually... now that i think about it a little more, just zip itunes 8.1 and download 8.0 and install. see if that works. if not you might move the zip file to a jump drive... if you have one.

wow i'm rambling... sorry it's late and i'm sick. hope that helps.

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Download Appcleaner and use it to remove iTunes from your system. Then, navigate your web browser to this web site and download iTunes 8.0.

Back up your music before you uninstall just in case. :)

4. ChrisBe macrumors newbie

Heres what I did.

I assume you still have the 8.0 itunes app.
    1. Delete the iTunes 8.1 app from the Applications folder.
    2. Copy the iTunes 8.0 (I guess you want 8.02) into the applications folder. Name it "iTunes"
    3. Open the folder /Music/Itunes inside your user folder. This is most easily done by ctrl-clicking on the house symbol in the menu bar and selecting "Music" in the menu and then "Itunes" in the new menu that comes up.
    4. Open the folder "Previous iTunes Libraries" inside this folder.
    5. Locate the latest of the iTunes library backups. In my case it was a file named "iTunes Library 2009-03-17"
    6. Copy (don't move, you still want the backup) this file from the "Previous iTunes Libraries" folder to the "Itunes" folder previously opened.
    7. Rename it "iTunes library"
    8. Start "itunes" (8.02).

5. ChrisBe macrumors newbie

Or in short:
    You not only need the old application, but you also need the old itunes library, which iTunes has saved for you inside the ~user/Music/iTunes/Previous iTunes Libraries folder.