Itunes Download Doesn't Work- Please Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by indy42, Sep 7, 2008.

1. indy42 macrumors newbie

I am currently trying to download the free 30-min. movie "Rain of Madness" onto my Mac. When I finish downloading it, the movie is just 30 minutes of audio-less, grey screen.

I have tried downloading it 3 times and it still doesn't work.

I'm running iTunes 7.7 with Quicktime player 7.4.1, on a 2.4 Ghz mac running 10.4.11.

Please help!

2. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Call apple and report your problem!:)

3. indy42 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't , when I called they said my support had expired.

Can any of you help?

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

OK, I downloaded it and it worked/played fine (of course ;)) so did some more looking at your specs. I think the problem in your case is with your version of QuickTime to be honest.

The specs for iTunes 7.7 (7.7.1 in my case) call out that QuickTime 7.4.5 or later is required with it. Since you are running QT 7.4.1 you can see my concern.

The current QT is 7.5 but just a note that if you go to download it, make sure you get the Tiger version! Just go to QT 7.5 Download .

Try that and see if it doesn't straighten you out. If that doesn't work, toting your Mac to the Genius Bar at an Apple retail store will still result in fee-free software assistance, but I'm hoping that updating your QT will eliminate that need.