iTunes download extremely slow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Packersfan27, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have been having this weird problem with itunes. I am trying to download the Boise state v Oklahoma bowl game. It is a pretty big download (2.16 GB) but Ive downloaded big files before with out problems. It also only seems to be this file because I was also downloading some Family Guy episodes at the same time and they were down loaded normal (like 1 MB a second). The fiesta bowl game is going about 1 KB a second. I left it all night and sometime during the night it got to around 40 MB and failed at err-3253 and it said it is resetting the connection. It is still going that slow though and is currently at 47 MB.

Help me please :)

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

All you can do is keep trying. There is nothing anyone here can help you with.

3. mac'inmama macrumors regular

Well, I AM glad to hear that it's not just me. I have been trying to download a one hour television show (ABC show) and it's been downloading for 4 hours already and says that it needs 4 more hours. I am on the highest speed connection on our cable system. Just insane.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I just purchased five more TV show seasons and again, the downloads are pretty slow. It's going at about .5MB per second and normally I get about 1MB per second on my cable connection.

At this rate, my downloads will finish by morning.