Itunes - Download later option?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KDuncan, Nov 7, 2008.

1. KDuncan macrumors newbie

Does iTunes offer some sortof download later option. The reason im asking is, I sync my iphone with my laptop. But alot of times I browse itunes from my desktop. If I find something I want to purchase, I have to use my laptop. I was wondering if there was a way to purchase from itunes, but download it later. Basically itunes would be holding the info saying i purchased and paid for this item , but havnt downloaded it yet. Then, the next time I use my laptop to sync, I can download those newly purchased items. I know its kinda confusing, and the easy solution would be to just always use my laptop for itunes....But it would be nice to be able to sign in to my itunes account from any computer, make a purchase, then sign out. Then the next time im on my laptop, connect to itunes, check for available purchases, and dowload them. This option prolly doesnt exist as ive searched and cant find any info on it, but I thought id ask here anyway. :apple:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

It's possible to set iTunes to make purchases by use of a Shopping Cart rather than a 1-Click download. Unfortunately, you can't purchase an item but not download it. Purchasing/downloading is a 1-step process. The nice thing is that whatever you add to the cart on one system will be displayed in the cart on the other system as well.

3. KDuncan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for tip. I'll go that route and see how it works for me.