itunes download on macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spothm, Apr 3, 2009.

1. spothm macrumors newbie

I recently upgraded my itunes on my macbook pro so that it would play HD videos. However once I purchased any movies or tv's shows after the upgrade, nothing appears on the screen when I go to play them. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this or even how to down grade my itunes so that I can play videos and tv shows again.

2. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

I'm running iTunes version 8.0.2, which isn't the latest and I'm downloading and playing HD TV shows just fine (other than the longer downloads.) This is on a mid-2007 MBP 2.2

I know there was an update after I got the HD capable version, but I haven't updated since. What is the version you're using? Also, are you downloading both versions (SD and HD?) The reason I ask is... I often will pause the download on the SD version until some later time, and just get the HD version. If your playback prefs have the "Play videos using standard definition version" checked, maybe they can't see the HD download. Anyway, that's all I can figure out, other than try to download the update again, and re-install it. Maybe something got corrupted.