Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etc123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Recently, my hard drive was wipped clean, and I lost everything. So, I wanted to get all of my TV, Movies and Music back that I bought from iTunes that was not on my iPod. They gave me all of it back. All 872 files. So, now I just had to go to Store-Check for Available Downloads. And I did. Then I entered my password and it said Checking for Downloads... After a while, it came up with an error message saying that it was unable to check for downloads. The network connection timed out. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, then try again. I checked and both were good so I tried again. It didn't work. Then I tried again and again and still, nothing. I rebooted my computer, uninstalled iTunes, restarted my router and still nothing. It won't work on my laptop and it also won't work on my Dad's desktop. So I called Apple and they had me do a DNS flush, still no luck. Then after a while, they said it wasn't iTunes so I should call my internet provider (Verizon Fios) They did all of this stuff, change the readings of my router to avoid 2.4 GhZ thing (I don't know what that means) and they also brought me to http://www.quickfios.com and had me optomize my speed and I did that and still no luck. The guy eventually said that it wasn't my router so I should contact Apple. So know I am here. If anyone could help that would be great. Especially if it's solved by Sunday night because I have a 10 hour bus ride on Monday and I would like to have something to watch on the way there.

iSaygoodbye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
a boat
itunes is the problem. ive had to do the same thing.it wont work if they post more than 100 items at a time.then you have to email them and tell them to post the next 100 its a huge pain

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.