iTunes Downloaded Movies Annoys Me

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by northy124, Jan 31, 2008.

1. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Hi

I have brought some Movies and TV Shows from iTunes and wanted to convert them to Divx for my mom's PC Vista Laptop (She hates iTunes BTW). And it just annoys me so much that i can't convert them as i paid for them so i have the right to do what i like with them convert/put on DVD. It sucks basically that i can't do anything with them.

Rant Over!!

Northy124

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

well its jst copyright so people wont start sharing them out

3. northy124 thread starter macrumors 68020

northy124

DVD's have them so do Blu-Ray/HD DVD and it has been all been cracked. Anyone know how to reconvert j/c

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Sounds like she's a sucker for punishment ;)

5. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

6. northy124 thread starter macrumors 68020

northy124

Dude that's my mom your talking about

motulist thanks i'll check it out.

7. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

That is the one thing that I hate about getting tv shows and movies off of iTunes. I can watch it on my computer, great, and my ipod, fine! But I can't burn (at least one copy) onto a disc or dvd? What gives? Just backing stuff up to hard drives doesn't cut it for me, I have a huuuge archive of cds and dvds and dual layer dvds with an external read writer that I use and I have to keep Flash drives and memory cards for the videos I get from the itunes store, I hate it! And I"m not going to shell out 200 plus bucks for an Apple tv when I can just use the Xbox 360 for watchin content.

I honestly think they should let you burn one or two copies of each film (then you can rip them back, like the whole burn the music and rip it back... I don't share them though, I do that when I want to convert the files to a different format, mind you I'm no pirate)

Ah, the many rants of my life...

8. northy124 thread starter macrumors 68020

northy124

I've worked it out now.

Go to Movies/TV Shows in itunes folder then export to .mov and convert in divx converter then it works.I found the flaw oh yes i found the flaw.

9. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

So how are you supposed to export to MOV? In quicktime? Because that isn't working, quicktime is still tied in with the DRM scheme.

10. northy124 thread starter macrumors 68020

northy124

Woops should of said save as .Mov then sen the divx converter (Which you have to pay for btw) Then you can play