iTunes Downloading Content I Didn't Order

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hawkeye411, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I purchased the season of Real Housewives last night and it downloaded over night. I checked it this morning and the download completed successfully.

An hour ago I turned my computer on and iTunes started downloading six HD shows that I didn't order. I checked my email and my iTunes account and there is no record of me ordering the shows but they are downloading.

The shows are:
    1) Pilot / In Plain Sight, Season 1 / In Plain Sight
    2) Ghosts / Psych, Season 3 / Psych
    3) Merit Badge: Pilot / Life, Season 1 / Life
    4) Bad to the Drone / Eureka, Season 3 / Eureka
    5) Four Months Later... / Heroes, Season 2 / Heros
    6) Mr. Monk Buys a House / Mink, Season 7 / Monk

I am assuming that this is some sort of promotion? These are all the first episode of each show. Did anyone else have the same experience and receive free episodes or is there something going on with my account? I can't find any mention of a promotion on iTunes.

Cheers.

2. Hawkeye411 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I did a Google search for the titles and it appears that these shows were offered for free back in Sept. 2008. Perhaps they were in my iTunes download cue since way back in September. I vaguely remember downloading some free content a while back and iTunes was downloading both the HD and SD versions and I tried to cancel the download of the HD content (didn't have Apple TV back then, just my iPod). I can't remember for sure though ..... I've forgotten more than I will ever remember!! :D

Cheers.

3. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

4. chris1016 macrumors member

Does anyone know how to permanently stop iTunes from downloading these shows? I got 30 Rock and The Office when it was free, but only wanted the SD version. iTunes keeps trying to download both episodes in HD.

5. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

6. Hawkeye411 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I let them download (10GB in total) and then deleted them. I then got an email from Rogers warning me that I am nearing my 60GB/Month data limit. I just got Apple TV and I've been purchasing some tv shows and movies. Now I'll have to wait until next month to download more content. I wish there would have been some way to remove those 6 HD shows from my cue instead of downloading them. :(