iTunes downloading help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ruffian829, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Ruffian829 macrumors 6502

I received some gift cards to iTunes for xmas so I decided to use them to subscribe to a TV show via iTunes. My problem is that iTunes wants to download all the episodes that have already aired in HD and normal quality- I do not want nor do I need to download two of every episode but I cannot figure out how to only DL the HD episodes.
    I right clicked on all the regular ones and said "delete" before they downloaded, but when I restart itunes it automatically wants to start downloading them all again.

any suggestions?

thanks

2. androiphone macrumors 65816

by an external drive and just put them all on their the HD ones are for the computer and the SD ones are used on an ipod as having HD ones on an ipod are a waste of space

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Any HD video content you buy on the iTunes Store will come with a standard definition copy which is for syncing to iPods. As the previous poster suggested go ahead and let your computer download both versions and then you can delete the SD versions (it's your money down the drain since you can't redownload them later) or move them to an external hard drive.