Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
hi all,
sorry about this I can't find it. Which bit of preferences do I disable so that I can choose to download all my many, many subscribed podcast shows manually? I only have a 1 gig ipod and I need to be able to choose exactly which podcast shows I'm focussing on 1 at a time, manually. I download the show, itunes then uploads it into my 4 playlists... Geek, Greenie, News, Sermons, etc.

But now itunes is automatically refreshing and downloading the latest podcast in each show I've subscribed to, automatically. blaargh! I just want it to refresh so I can see the title of the latest shows in the various podcasts I've subscribed to, and THEN choose to download some of them.

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
It was SO easy, sorry about that.

I clicked "Settings"

Then saw the "Podcast Settings" window which had "check for new episodes every day" selected which was FINE, I WANT to see what's happening in all my shows... but I DON'T want to download the latest one from all 50 podcast shows I'm keeping an eye on.

So the panel I was looking for was "When new episodes are available: download the most recent one" was selected. I changed that to "Do nothing" and it was fixed.

2 clicks and fixed. Beautiful. I knew it was an easy one, I just had a brain drain..... :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.