iTunes downloads painfully slow...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by J.D.M., Sep 9, 2008.

1. J.D.M. macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if you guys out there are having a problem with iTunes downloads being painfully slow. I've been downloading a song for about 15 minutes or so and it says that I still have 18 minutes before it finishes downloading. I'm also downloading a free (!!!!) episode of The Office...which is also coming very slowly. Usually my downloads are very fast, but not now. I talked to my sister (out-of-state) and she's having the same problem.

Could everybody downloading iTunes 8, HD shows, episodes of NBC shows that weren't available before, etc. be wreaking havoc with Apple's servers? I downloaded iTunes 8 earlier today if you think that makes a difference.

2. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Yeah, I think the servers are just pushed to the limit, with iTunes 8, the entire NBC catalog, new HD shows, and the Genius uploads/downloads all coming for the first time tonight.

3. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Yep I'm speechless about this debacle. Takes me back to the days of being on a Windows PC. I got about 17 hours remaining on today's keynote. Wasn't what I wanted after a long day at work. I'm just going to call it night.

4. ajleonard macrumors newbie

same..

I am having the same problem. I am trying to download some TV shows and its taking close to 100 hours for it. And I am even trying to listen to some clips and it plays for maybe 3 seconds, then rebuffers the stream, then plays another 3 seconds, rebuffers, etc.

5. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I guess I'm slightly relieved to see others having similar problems, but it still pisses me off. :mad:

I only have a 3mbit connection, so I average out to around 400K/sec. Even with this slow speed I can easily start watching/listening to something the second I start to download, and it will be done downloading before I'm done watching/listening to it.

Now that NBC is back on iTunes I thought I'd take the plunge and buy Season 1 of Heroes, and I wanted to watch the first episode while I did some work on the computer tonight. Pssh. That ain't happenin' when I'm only getting 85K/sec.

Very annoying.

I'm all for Apple growing and getting more content and getting more popular, but keep up with the demand!

:mad::rolleyes: