iTunes downloads with old email address

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by justjax, Nov 11, 2014.

1. justjax macrumors regular

Not sure if this is the correct forum (can't see an iTunes forum), I have some old songs that I purchased years ago on my iTunes account and since they were purchased I have changed the email address that was on my apple ID. When I've tried recently to authorise those songs on a different PC (they are old DRM ones) it asks me to sign into that Apple ID with the old email address.

I've tried several password but it doesn't seem to work and when I try to recover it using appleid.apple.com, etc I still have no luck as it doesnt seem to recognise my date of birth either. Is there any way I can get those old tracks to update so that they prompt me to login to using my current Apple ID/email? BTW, I don't have access to this old email, it was an old domain I had and its not owned by someone else.

2. Rigby macrumors 601

You should be able to re-download the songs from the "Purchased" section in the iTunes store. This will update them with your current Apple ID (and perhaps even remove the DRM).