iTunes driving me nuts

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GaresTaylan, Nov 5, 2010.

1. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone. I reimaged my PC with iTunes on it for ,my iPad. I reinstalled iTunes on the new image. Now even though Ive backed up my iPad, I cant sync anything new to it without iTunes threatening to wipe my iPad. All I wanted to do was add an ebook. Is there a workaround that Im missing?

2. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

You are allowed one itunes per iDevice.

If you have everything on your new itunes, you can just wipe and re sync, but I do believe you will lose app saves.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

Correct. You don't have a choice or a workaround - unless there are some JB solutions available, which I will not be aware off so you will have to do some research.

4. FubsyGamr macrumors regular

Just wanted to clarify that, when I did this exact thing, I didn't lose app saves, nor did I even lose my place in my books. The only thing that got reset was a podcast that I was about 1/2 way through. Other than that, it was totally painless.

5. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

Well if this is true, then it truly is painless. If you dont have your old library, there has to be a way to get the files off your iPad and onto your computer, then just import into iTunes.

6. gatearray macrumors 65816

Hmmm... Does your iPad think it's seeing a new, different computer without your Apple ID attached?

Not exactly sure if this will rectify the problem, but couldn't you just "authorize" your computer (i.e. your 'new' iTunes) with your Apple ID? I think that it might allow you to modify your iPad's content again.

7. GaresTaylan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for all the info everyone.

Since my iPad is JB, I found out about SwapTunes and used that. Fixed the issue no problem. :D