itunes duplicate albums/art

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Matt-Man-Plus, May 25, 2008.

1. Matt-Man-Plus macrumors regular

So, i've begun the long and tedious process of getting album artwork for my itunes library. Here's my problem. For example:

Say I have an album with 15 songs on it. In coverflow, it shows up as 3 different albums. So I end up with 3 of the same album covers in a row. Even though EVERYTHING is spelled and enterered exactly the same. The Artist's name is exactly identical as well as the album name. I must have verified this 30 times.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

2. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

This happens to me every now and again, it's really annoying. What I do is select all songs > Get Info, and then just change the Artist to something completely different, then do it again and rename it properly, same with album if that doesn't work. Also try selecting all > Get Info, and ticking ALL the boxes (apart from first track number) and clicking OK.

3. slu macrumors 68000

slu

I have had this problem in the past and the usual culprit is that some of the tracks have the "part of a compilation" check box checked while some don't. Make sure all tracks either have that on or off. Also, make sure everything has the same Album Artist and that they all have correct track numbers.

Good luck. I did what you are doing a while back. It is worth it.