iTunes, duplicated and Playlists

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FortWorthMac, Jun 22, 2010.

1. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

System Info:

iMac running iTunes 9.2
    iPhone 3G (iPhone 4 coming later today hopefully)
    iPad

While getting iTunes ready for my new iPhone tonight I found something strange. I have duplicates showing up in playlists that ARE NOT duplicates in my Music library.

For example, in my Library I show to have 9 albums, 104 items and 892.4MB of Bruce Springsteen.

I created a new Playlist called iPhone 4. This playlist will of course be used for my new device. I'm moving from 16GB to 32GB so I can double the amount of music on my iPhone. Well in that iPhone 4 playlist Bruce Springsteen shows to have 9 albums and 149 songs and 1.22GB. There are several duplicates in there of songs. There are also several others artists with similiar results.

I guess my question is, how can there be duplicates in the playlist, if they are not showing as duplicates in my Library?

This make sense?

Thanks

2. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I've had some pretty strange duplicating issues in iTunes myself. I have experienced this as well and just resorted to deleting the duplicates in the play list.

3. FortWorthMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I went ahead and tried that this afternoon with my Springsteen example and it worked. I just need to do the others now.

Thanks for the reply.

David

4. Alun Deere macrumors newbie

Duplicated music. iPad how to fix..

I have a problem, can anyone help? I purchased music from Itunes on my Ipad, when I synced with my computer it duplicated the music on my iPad, when I try to delete it deletes all the music.....luckily I only tried one song from my purchase so not to bad......but irritating because when I play the album each song now plays twice and I can't seem to sort it out!
    HELP!