iTunes duplicating playlists

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by scouser75, Jul 29, 2017.

1. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

Hi guys, something odd has happened to my iTunes.

In my playlists column I had one labelled 'iPhone' and another labelled 'party'. All of a sudden, I now have the 2 mentioned as well as 'iPhone 1' and 'party 1'.

In the ones labelled without a '1' at the end I'm unable to sort my Artist, Song etc. They also have 50 odd songs less than the playlist with the '1'.

Very odd? Or is it something I done? I'm actually scratching my head as I type!

2. CloudSpeaker macrumors newbie

CloudSpeaker

I've been seeing this and variations thereof for more than a year now. I don't remember exactly what OS version or version of iTunes this started on. The most typical scenario for me is after I edit a playlist on an iOS device, duplicates appear in iTunes on the next sync. Like you said, "Mixtape 1" or "Chill Mix 1."

I simply delete the offending playlists, and re-sync. iTunes remains a confounding mess.

3. LostEchoes macrumors member

LostEchoes

4. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys. I was a bit worried about deleting playlists in case I cocked something up. But now that I know it's safe I'm gonna start deleting.

And LostEchoes, I've reported so many things in the past along with no doubt millions of others (especially the glitch with reminder not alerting you on occasions) but nothing really gets done most of the time.

5. LostEchoes macrumors member

LostEchoes