iTunes DVD Restore to new computer - not enough hard drive space??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drdeangiann, Jul 7, 2009.

1. drdeangiann macrumors newbie

I backed up my 5500+ songs to 7 DVDs so that I might transfer them to a new computer, then resync my iPod Touch 32gb to that computer and use it as my main computer for iTunes. After four DVDs went in, I received an error message after loading the fifth which stated that I didn't have enough room on my C:/ drive for the rest (this is on a PC). When I checked, I had 215gb of memory free on the hard drive, which is obviously more than enough. Why did this happen? Should I just try again? I authorized the computer and I just downloaded the latest iTunes update (but not the iPod 3.0 software). Any thoughts?

2. drdeangiann thread starter macrumors newbie

Thought I'd add my progress here.

So I spoke to Apple Care and they couldn't figure this out. They told me to burn another backup at a slower speed, which I did, and the exact thing happened. I'm thinking maybe it's an issue with my computer...so I bought another one which will come tomorrow. I'll let you all know how I make out.

3. drdeangiann thread starter macrumors newbie

Update - still no success.

So I bought a brand new computer, thinking that my old one was just not working or had a hard drive issue or something, loaded on iTunes, then pulled out my new DVD backup...and the exact thing happened. Now, however, I got an error 69, which seems to mean that there's a corrupt file on that disc. I'm gonna try to restore it by backing up my old computer to my external hard drive, then bringing that to my new computer. I'll let us know. :confused:

4. drdeangiann thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I did it.

So I restored my iTunes library with an external HDD and now it works just fine, potentially corrupt file and all. Actually, about 29 files did not transfer but at this point I really don't care because about 5590 did. However, my applications came off my iPod Touch when I synced. I have to figure that out now. Any thoughts?