iTunes error 45054

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FrozenShivers, May 25, 2014.

1. FrozenShivers macrumors member

Upgraded the SSD on my MBP which is running 10.9.3, now I get an error 45054 when I try to download any of my purchased music on iTunes, I read about it being due to disk permissions but I repaired them in disk utility but to no avail. Anyone?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Is your Shared folder under /Users present? If not, try this fix. If shared is there, try this fix.

3. FrozenShivers thread starter macrumors member

I have the folder, it has a locked folder in it called 'adi', I tried the permission thing in terminal (1777) but it's still locked, would I be best deleted the folder and recreating it in terminal?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I would try that... yes.

5. FrozenShivers thread starter macrumors member

Folder can't be deleted, well I'm at a loss then, thanks for your help so far, if anyone can help me rectify this I'm all ears, I use my MBP a lot for music so the fact that I can't download any of it leaves it a bit useless...:rolleyes:

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Maybe you are entering the command incorrectly. Even the official Apple support doc here shows it.

Try to copy/paste this into Terminal and enter. You will be asked for your password.

Code:
    sudo chmod -R 1777 /Users/Shared

7. igouvea macrumors newbie

How I Solved

I deleted the folder with Sudo Su and it worked
    so on terminal do :
    sudo su
    "Type your password"
    go to the folder /Shared
    delete with the command : rm -r adi
    Solved :)

8. westrock2000 macrumors 6502

Thanks, worked for me! I suspect it was the "adi" folder with in Shared that was read/write only for root.