iTunes Error 5002 - Unable to update apps!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lougle, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Lougle macrumors member

Every since I updated to iTunes 8 I have been unable to update my Apps. When I click the "# Updates Available" link in iTunes I get the message "We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (5002). There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later."

I am able to connect to the store and browse content like normal. Please advise. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. georgeoommen macrumors regular

I was getting the same error..

Instead of clicking the download all button, I was able to get the updates by selecting them individually using the Get update button next to each of the updates. Luckily for me, there were only 4 updates so wasn't a big problem.

Hopefully its just something wrong with iTunes connecting to the online store that can be fixed on teh server side and doesn't require a new version of itunes to fix.

3. Lougle thread starter macrumors member

I am not even getting to the screen that lists my available updates! The error appears when I click the link to get to that page. :confused:

4. drool6 macrumors newbie

I see your problem.. Notice that the 4th app from the left of the top row (next to photo swap) has a generic APP icon? That means that the program probably changed links from the itunes server or is no longer available. All you need to do is delete that app from your computer and then re-download it. After that, everything should be fine.

5. Xtgirl macrumors regular

I had this problem unrelated to the new version of iTunes. I deleted all apps from the phone and restored my iPhone then synced....it took a long time to figure out something that worked to get around that stupid error code.

6. mwickens macrumors member

mwickens

I was skeptical, but this resolved my 5002 error. Thanks!

7. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me earlier, so I deleted the AIM and AdHoc app and it worked.

8. drool6 macrumors newbie

Glad to help... took me awhile to figure out why this was happening on my iTunes!!

9. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

THANKS!!! This fixed my 5002 error and I think it fixed the phantom updates available problem too (this is where iTunes shows a "2" or some number next to the word Applications in the left-hand column).