iTunes - Error 9813

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iFrankie, Oct 22, 2010.

1. iFrankie macrumors member

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this error in iTunes today. The error -9813 appears when trying to access the account page.

I've done some searching and found various reasons/solutions. I don't want to make any major changes to my system if it turns out to be a temporary glitch that others are also encountering too.

Thanks.

2. 1000turtles macrumors newbie

Yes! This happened to me today. I followed some of the trouble-shooting advice I found online and via the "support" apple provided over email (emptied cache, reset keychain, went into my time machine and retrieved previous root certificates, AND reinstalled O SX and updated the software). The error message STILL comes up.

Anyone have any other solutions??

3. iFrankie thread starter macrumors member

I'm still experiencing the error. I submitted a support request to Apple.

I'll follow-up if I learn anything new about this error.

4. carriebeth26 macrumors newbie

same thing happened to me...

i got apple tv two days ago and then suddenly the next day the dreaded "error 9813". I've done everything i could find on the internet to try to fix it. keychain stuff, OS reinstall, nothing worked. i finally decided to try registering a new itunes account. now it works. something apparently is wrong with the old one. i don't know what kind of frustration i'm going to have down the road with having these two accounts, but at least i can buy itunes to view on my apple tv now.

5. ColdCase macrumors 68030

It seems to be an issue with OS 10.5.8 or Apple TV and the store. There are pages of posts in the apple support forum that none of the recommended fixes work except to upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.6. Don't waste your time on anything else. Creating a new account has worked for some, but not for others. Off hand I don't think there is a way to transfer purchases from one account to another.

6. iFrankie thread starter macrumors member

Mine finally started working today. I didn't make any changes to my system.

When researching the problem I found one post that said it magically started working a few days later. So, I hoped for the same and was lucky enough that mined fixed itself too.

On an unrelated note, if you change your iTunes password and don't update it on the AppleTV right away, your account will get locked because the AppleTV repeatedly tries to sign in with the old password. It's a simple fix. Just use your computer and use the Forgot Password in iTunes and reset it. Then make sure to update the AppleTV.

7. kkeydel macrumors newbie

iTunes Error 9813

After an entire weekend of trying to sort this out, reinstalling OS X (10.5.8), making sure I had all of the x509Anchors keychain entries, running Keychain First Aid, and trying everything else under the sun, I contacted iTunes tech support, and the easiest solution that worked for me was right there...

Clear your Safari cache. Go to the Safari menu and select Empty Cache. That was it. I was able to authorize my computer. Now to catch up on some sleep!

Here's a link to the article support sent me...

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3297