iTunes-esque data input software.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Godling, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Godling macrumors newbie

I'm not really sure how to explain this properly... so here goes. Is there any software that I can input a list of data (spreadsheet-ish) and have it organized by a top category bar. Hopefully this mock up will explain it better:

[​IMG]

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. diane143 macrumors 6502a

Excel should do this. Data/sort

Or set the auto filter and resort columns on the fly.

4. jackrv macrumors 6502

5. Godling thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm I was hoping for something a little more lightweight. Is there anyway to set how many rows/columns to show in these office programs.

6. Fishrrman macrumors G4

"I'm not really sure how to explain this properly... so here goes. Is there any software that I can input a list of data (spreadsheet-ish) and have it organized by a top category bar. Hopefully this mock up will explain it better:"

Try these:
    1. iData -- a "lightweight" database app loosely based on the old "QuickDex". Easy to set up and use. It -cannot- do calculations. All it can do is create a database list you can view, enter data into, etc. Has both "list" and "form" style views. Handles small databases VERY quickly. Handles larger db's pretty well, too (the largest I've tried has 1232 records, and it's as fast as smaller db's).

Doesn't seem to have been updated recently (2009), but still working fine with Snow Leopard, I believe it works with both Lion -and- Mountain Lion.

A small, smooth, speedy and clean app.

2. Tables -- this is also a "lightweight" spreadsheet app, worth trying.

If you don't need "calculations", I'd suggest trying iData first.

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I'm wondering if you've looked at Numbers for this. It can not only sort by a category, but even categorize further if you like. Simple and easy to use. You can download the trial from Apple's website still.

jW

8. Godling thread starter macrumors newbie

I think iData lite may be the closest I'm getting. Thanks guys for all the help!