iTunes Essesntials Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wingnut330, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

I am interested in a few iTunes Essentials collections but have a question before I order them. The question is this...once I place the order and they are downloaded, are they tied to a common album name or are they simply dumped into my library and added to their original album name?

I'd like to keep them stored or filed in the collection so when I'm ready for some Hair Bands I can grab that Essentials Collection. Make sense?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. dmiller macrumors member

I'm pretty sure they'll have the original album name on them...you can always create a playlist after the fact with all the songs you download

3. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

4. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea - good idea. I actually thought about that but was hoping that I wouldn't have to search through 75 songs to create/add to the list. But, it sounds like that's my option.

5. dmiller macrumors member

They'll be grouped together under 'Purchased'...just drag them from there into a new playlist or do a Smart Playlist with Date Added as the criteria

6. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh - well that makes things simple. As you can likely tell, I'm not very familiar with iTunes. Thanks for the tips! Now off to download some hair band gold!!!!

7. ChrisA macrumors G4

You don't have the "search".

Sort the library by the "date added to library" column and the last group of songs you added will be at the top (or bottom) of the list. Then just drag them over to a play list.

Of if you like make a "smart" playlist where the selection criteria is "songs added to the library on today's date" but I like the above method better

8. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool - another good idea. I really need to familiarize myself with iTunes. These are very cool features.