iTunes expanding more HD Movies from Disney!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LEStudios, Sep 14, 2009.

1. LEStudios macrumors 6502

LEStudios

2. NightStorm macrumors 68000

I'm at work so I can't check... what movies have they added?

3. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

They don’t look new to me. It looks like some iTunes store person decided to merge all the “available for rent in HD on the Apple TV” with the “HD
    movies to own" section.

Notice none of the Disney movies in that section are actually available to rent in HD outside of the Apple TV or purchase in HD.

Maybe they’re still updating the store, but I think it’s a goof up.

OP you got my hopes up. :(

Attached Files:

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Why you think Blu-ray sales numbers have anything to do with this is beyond me. If that was a problem, Disney would either cut prices on the BDs or not make as many. Offering movies in an HD digital format won't make near the sales blip that cutting BD prices $5 would.

But on the 160GB ATV, you kinda have a point. I'm betting Apple didn't think two models was smart for something that gets the affection of a fox in a henhouse, and it needed a price break anyway. It needs much more than that, but beggars, choosers, etc.

I'm one of many hoping for a hardware revamp (not to mention the firmware) of the unit. It needs to be made large enough for an optical drive and standard 3.5" HDDs. Cost would be reduced if larger HDDs were used since those are cheaper per gigabyte than the 2.5" drives used in the current model. An optical drive makes the unit an instant competitor with BD and DVD players, depending on whether Apple finally joins the BD party.

5. MikaelSmoot macrumors member

NEW HD Movies in iTunes

Has anyone noticed a bunch of paramount and disney movies have been added to the HD movies section but there still the SD versions, wander if theyll be updated later in the week or if its just an organization glitch

any thoughts

6. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Hopefully we see an announcement soon... it would be a very good step in the right direction for the iTunes Store.

7. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I sent the iTunes Store feedback this morning about this issue. They have since removed all the Disney titles from that page of the store. It looks like it was a tagging/auto-generation error from the last store update. If anything Disney is going backwards with iTunes, I see they've jacked all their Pixar movies up to $14.99.

I'm beginning to think the iTunes Store's movie section is never going to take off. If Apple can't even secure the rights to Disney films at an affordable price, when Steve Jobs is Disney's biggest shareholder — they've got problems.