iTunes Expert and Help with College Applications Please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by B1rdman, Aug 24, 2008.

1. B1rdman macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. Typing this from my new mac. Just had a few questions regarding iTunes (which I have used on a PC for years, so I'm not a COMPLETE novice, but I have a few questions) as well as on school-related software for mac.

1. My first question is regarding iTunes. last time I was installing it on my PC, I remember being prompted with the question of whether I want "iTunes to organize my music for me" or whether I want to do it myself. What I want to knwo is what exactly this means. Does this mean iTunes will organize my music FILES into folders for me? I think when I originally did it I just said I'd do it myself, so I was wondering if anyone could just please state which way you use your iTunes and what exactly having iTunes organize it "for you" does. thanks.

2. I was also wondering about something I've heard of for Macs called re-namer for iTunes, which names all your files in a more organized fashion. I'm trying to get my iTunes more organized (it was kinda hard to find stuff on the PC) so I was wondering if anyone has had any success with this or whether sticking to manually editing the song names is a better choice.

3. The last thing I was wondering is if anyone can recommend some apps for school (I'll be entering my first year of college). I heard about apps called schoolhouse and iProcrastinate or something, however, I also heard schoolhouse was having some kdin of problem, so I've been hesitant to download anything yet. Please lmk your preferences on this.

Thanks in advance for your responses! they are much appreciated! and sorry as usual for the long post. Peace!:)

2. Sorkvild macrumors 6502

letting itunes organize music for you means that every file you add into iTunes will be copied into your Music folder inside your home folder. From there it gets organized by artist. I, and i think most people, find this the easiest because you do not have to muck around in the Finder, iTunes does it all for you. At first I was concerned it would organize things in a way that didnt make any sense, but the few times I have looked in the Music folder everything is kept organized extremely well

I have never had to rename any of the files I put in iTunes so I can't help you there, but I can see where that is an issue, and same for those school apps you mention.