iTunes Export for iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michael73, May 14, 2010.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

My iTunes library is filled with movies. I frequently go to the library looking for movies I haven't watched yet.

Is there a convenient way to export the list of movies I have in iTunes so I can see it on my iPhone?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Click on Movies in iTunes, then File > Print and save the list as a pdf.

3. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

Then what? How do I get it to my iPhone...attach the file to an email and email it to myself?

There's got to be a better way.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What's so difficult about that? Unfortunately, there is no "Export Movie List to iPhone" option, so you have to do what works, even if it's not hyper-convenient. After all, you only have to do it once.

5. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

The difficulty is two-fold. First of all, it's a manual process which means I have to remember to do it as opposed to the list syncing whenever I dock my iPhone. The second is that the list is always growing. I watch a lot of movies so it's not once and done as you suggest. I'd need to do this a couple of times a month to keep up with my ever expanding collection.

I actually own Delicious Library which would be perfect if they hadn't pulled the iPhone app due to API violations with Amazon. Are there any iPhone apps that might work?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Well, you asked about exporting, not syncing. Those are completely different scenarios.
    Again, if you're only doing it a couple times a month, it only takes a few minutes to do the process. If even a few minutes is a hardship for you, that's your choice.
    Why not search the app store to find out?