itunes "extracting software" excruciatingly slow....

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by CrAkD, Jun 4, 2014.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

is there anyway to speed this up? It took like 90 minutes to extract iOS 8 for the ipad. doing the phone now and it looks just as slow....what makes it take so long?

2. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Depends on your computer performance and the size of the file. Don't think the iTunes version will matter in regards to doing the extracting process, but this portion will be down on your computer and how it handles this process. Never takes long for me.

3. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I have 2 SSD's i7 proc 12gb of ram. But it is a hackintosh. everything else works flawlessly tho.

4. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Not sure, that's a more powerful machine than mine and I'm able to finish the full restore process in 10 minutes. I'm on Windows 7 if that means anything.

5. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

maybe 90 was an over estimation. its about 60% done extracting now and I started it right before posting this thread. still 30 minutes is still too long. it still has to actually restore the phone.

6. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

I agree, shouldn't take that long unless you have other things running, though I still would think it would complete the task quicker than it's current pace. May be due to the bigger file size of the beta, but it's not that much bigger in comparison to iOS 7.

7. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

its about 2gb for my 5S so pretty big. i don't remember ios 7 being that big.

8. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

iOS 7 beta was about 1.2GB for the iPhone 5. Yeah, for the iPhone 5s, iOS 8 is about 1.8GB.

9. YassJohn macrumors newbie

slow extraction

IS it due perhaps to slow internet connection. Mine's about 2.8Mb/sec! (Good old Aussie internet!!)