iTunes extras - already downloaded movies?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VaatiKaiba, Sep 9, 2009.

1. VaatiKaiba macrumors 6502

I was wondering - I have Wall-E downloaded (from literally a couple of weeks ago), and I was wondering if anyone's found out whether or not I could download the iTunes extras bits, seeing as it's the same price?

Thanks!

EDIT: Well, the support guy just got back to me, and has added my extras to my iTunes account completely free of charge. I don't know whether this is an automatic process, or whether he had to do it manually, but I'd urge everyone to chase it up. Surprised by the great customer service!

2. agirton macrumors regular

mee too

I am wondering this also. I submitted an email to itunes movie support. We will see what they say.

3. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

I had a similar question about the LP stuff for music people recently downloaded. I'm not in front of my computer right now, can anybody say if they can download LP info for already purchases music?

4. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

5. joebo3 macrumors newbie

iTunes 9 movie purchases upgrade

I'm wondering the same thing. i just sent iTunes support an e-mail and i will post their reply as soon as i get it. hope someone figures this out! it would suck to have to buy movies and music again!

6. joebo3 macrumors newbie

bad news

unfortunately apple does not provide the iTunes Extras content for previous purchases. here's the e-mail i just got:

Dear Joe,

Hi! Catherine here from the iTunes store. I understand you recently update your iTunes to the new iTunes 9 version and noticed some of the perks from this upgrade were not included in your previous purchase of Wall-e. I know you must be eager for this matter to be resolved. I will be glad to assist you in this matter today.

Regrettably, I will not be able to offer you the new features now available with the movie Wall-e. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please see Apple's Terms of Conditions.

sucks...

7. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

That is really lame. They should at least make it like upgrading to iTunes Plus and make it possible to get the iTunes Extras on previously purchased content for like 50 cents to a dollar.

8. VaatiKaiba thread starter macrumors 6502

I've just been offered a refund on my original purchase if I buy the new one - that seems fair, they're the same price!

9. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

Apple seriously needs to implement an upgrade policy similar to iTunes Plus. If they did I would buy far more movies. Eventually we will get HD, etc. on everything so I don't want to be stuck with an obsolete copy and have to re-buy everything at full price. At least with DVDs and Blu-ray you have a physical disc you can sell to recoup some of the cost. Come on Apple, let me pay to upgrade!

10. rebrook macrumors member

I had previously purchased the Dave Matthews Band Big Whiskey pass and just got the LP download today. It just downloaded the LP file (about 200MB I believe) and it included all the bonus videos and songs that were available on the pass.

Pretty happy with that!

I can't speak for the other albums.

Hope that helps.

11. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Where did you submit the email to for movie support. What is the email address or was it through some feedback page on their website? Thanks.

I am also wondering about the Big Whiskey LP stuff as I bought the album when it came out. But I didn't get the pass so I hope I still get the LP. I haven't done my iTunes 9 upgrade yet to find out.

12. VaatiKaiba thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, the support guy just got back to me, and has added my extras to my iTunes account completely free of charge. I don't know whether this is an automatic process, or whether he had to do it manually, but I'd urge everyone to chase it up. Surprised by the great customer service!