iTunes Extras Maker(?) and the Future of AppleTV

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gary001, Sep 11, 2009.

1. gary001 macrumors member

I think someone needs to create an app coughhandbrakecough that can create an iTunes version of a DVD. No, I don't mean a video file. I mean the full DVD. Now that iTunes can have a DVD style menu with chapter selection and Extras, it seems perfect. How hard do you think it'll be to make one? And if someone does make such an app, imagine how the AppleTV would change once Apple releases a software update (or completely new hardware -- who knows) to enable these extras. It would be fantastic!! Also it would change the AppleTV from a "little side project" to the "be all, end all" of media centers! Replacing DVDs and possibly even BluRay. This coupled with the boxee app? Dear Lord! My mouth is watering already!! I will be sitting on the edge of my seat until we get there, but I know some clever devs coughhandbrakedevscough will find a way ASAP (hopefully *crosses fingers*)

P.S. I couldn't think of a better place to start this thread, but if it's in the wrong section...... my bad! :rolleyes:

2. cadujr macrumors newbie

DVD to itunes extras

I would pay good money for a app like that