iTunes fails to read CD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Loke2112, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Loke2112 macrumors regular

Loke2112

Hello all,

I have an issue with one particular CD not being able to be read to RIP via iTunes. It's a new copy of Dire Straights self titled album remastered. Anyone have a clue as to why? I'll post this in digital audio as well as I am not sure this is the right place.

I am using a late 2007 Macbook.

Thanks!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Check for a copy protected warning on the jeweled case.

3. thebignewt macrumors regular

If the CD just shows up with blanks in the song names and artist it just means that iTunes didn't recognize it from its database. If that's the case you can rip it and manually enter the tags (the CD will be in Recently Added on the left sourcelisst). Copy protection of CDs is/was very rare. A couple of artists did that years ago and got blasted by the public and it stopped, different than DVD video. If that is the case then you should get some oddball message.

4. Loke2112 thread starter macrumors regular

Loke2112

Well I ordered this CD and another buy the same band also remastered under Warner Brothers. The second one ripped just fine and there is no indication of protection. It works fine in my CD player but I rarely use that for obvious reasons but want a Lossless format not to mention used CD's are WAY cheaper that iTunes.

I think I will ask the seller to exchange my copy since the second disk worked just fine.

5. Loke2112 thread starter macrumors regular

Loke2112

I'm bumping this thread as I just got another used CD off of Amazon that I can't rip into iTunes since the Mac just fails to read it and spits it out. Over the years I have ripped hundreds of CD's successfully as well as recently. All I want to do is add these into the rotation. Does anyone have any experience with this? I tried searching it several times but can't seem to find the answer.