Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qwerty007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2003
Is there any way that I can keep iTunes playing when I go to the fast user switching screen? everytime i try to do that it pauses itunes. i read about an applescript that can be used to fix it but i have no idea how to go about making it or what to do with it when i'm done. could someone please help.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Odd, when I have iTunes playing and switch to another user, it lowers the volume but continues playing.

qwerty007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2003
for those whose itunes keeps playing, are you still running 10.3 or 10.3.1. cause when i upgraded to 10.3.1 it decided to stop playing. and also, thanks for the link but i'm not looking for an app that will allow me to quit itunes when i'm logged into another account. i just use the fast user logout meathod so i can keep my computer safe while i'm away but still keep aim up and running. so if anyone can figure out how to build this applescript that's floating around on the internet that would be great. thanks.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Well I'm running 10.3.1 and whenever I've got iTunes playing and select to switch users, I get the cube effect and login screen but iTunes is still playing. Not sure what's up.

qwerty007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2003
i had seen the script to make to fix this from the link above but just could never firgure out how to make it. could anyone help me with it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.