iTunes feature request: ability to autofill iPhone with every album except a few

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moonman239, Feb 9, 2012.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

This request does not pertain to the iPhone specifically, and I have already submitted some sort of feedback to Apple. Actually, I probably should have revised my feedback.

I have iTunes set to let me manually manage the music and videos on my iPhone. As a lot of you might know, there's an autofill option. What I want to do is tell iTunes to load every piece of music except for my holiday music. I still want that music in my library. As a workaround, I can have iTunes autofill my iPhone with everything in my Music library, then take out the music that I don't want on my iPhone.

2. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Use smart playlists and then choose "sync selected playlists" instead of manual management.

3. bTaryag macrumors member

Just to clarify previous poster's reply.... Create a smart playlist that the only conditions are the "album" "is not" "fill in here".

If you have many albums that you don't want synced, make a regular playlist and drag all those albums into that playlist, and entitle the playlist "NOT".

Then create a smart playlist with one condition, that "playlist" "is not" "NOT".

4. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

5. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

This, sorry I wasn't more specific-fighting a cold here and eyes still a bit out of focus from my bi-yearly eye exam, where the doc puts drops to dilate the pupils. :eek:

6. bTaryag macrumors member

Hope you feel well!

7. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava