iTunes features wish list

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jdechko, Jul 26, 2013.

1. jdechko macrumors 68040

Just wondering, What features would you like to see included in iTunes?

For me it would be more granular control over gapless playback and always playing certain songs together.

For instance:

Green Day - Brainstew should always be played with Jaded and Jaded should never be played without Brainstew

Pink Floyd - Brick in the Wall, Pt 1, Happiest Days and Brick in the Wall, Pt 2 should always be played as a group and never individually. Same thing with, well, pretty much all of Dark Side of the Moon

I know that the tracks can be joined on import, but it makes for a disorganized library.

So what would you like to see?

2. mattg3 macrumors 6502

random play like it is on the nano.As song fades out,new one fades in.

3. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Absolutely! Merging (and to a lesser extent, splitting) of tracks, is at the top of my list. Countless examples where merging would be great.

4. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

A lock, decent album art view.

iTunes desperately needs a lock feature that puts it in "play only" mode, so you can't accidentally delete or make playlists, add or delete songs from playlists, generally screw things up by clicking mouse or banging on keyboard to wake things up.
    A simple checkbox at the top right of main window could prevent a lot of such inadvertent and unwanted editing.

400X400 pixels is too small to get a decent look at album artwork, yet that's the max size allowed since iTunes 11. Sure, we could all roll our own, or go third party, but Apple needs to fix this deficiency.

5. jdechko thread starter macrumors 68040

You mean like a crossfade? How is that different than what's built in already?

Patron22, I like the idea of an iTunes "Kiosk mode" that would be pretty cool.

6. Bear macrumors G3

Remember to provide feedback to Apple on your wishes...

Remember if you have a wish list for features (for any Apple product), it's best to provide feedback to Apple. The more people who request a feature, the more likely it will at least get looked at and evaluated for inclusion in an update.

7. jdechko thread starter macrumors 68040

True, thanks for posting this. I'd already done it before, but I have little hope that it actually ever gets added.

Years ago I put in a feature request for separate audio/ video library locations. I'm sure I'm not the only one who requested that. :)

8. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

iTunes needs a lot better Book organization. A LOT better. Let me mark books read, let me organize them in read lists, etc.. please, please, please!

9. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

11.1 still has a max album artwork view size of under 500 pixels.
    Aparently cover art is unfashionable now, and the smart set instead prefers the musical enhancements of full screen Miley Cyrus videos.

I wonder when Apple will get around to producing solid video gems to match my old Dave Brubeck ditties?