iTunes File Management apps...which is best for lost files, dupes, files missing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sdavis81, Feb 11, 2009.

1. sdavis81 macrumors newbie

I would love any input from those with some experience. My problem is common I think. I have an itunes library that says 120gb. I have an itunes folder that says 140gb. I have a bunch of exlamation points, some of which the files are there, some not.

I don't want to spend 40 hours fixing it!

I have been looking for an app that:
    1) finds the dead tracks (really dead and files missing) and removes them
    2) finds the files in my folder that aren't linked and add them to library....I know I may have deleted those at some point but honestly with this much data missing I can start that process over. Would rather have the stuff in...that out, of the library
    3) find dupes and help me get rid of them. i have used Dupe eliminator and this works OK...would like one app to use to do all these things.

I have found:
    www.fixitunes.com
    iTunes Consolidator
    iTunes Library Updater
    TuneUp
    Doug's Scipt- list files not added

I run a MacBook Pro wirelessly. I am moving my library from my old external USB drive which I plugged in when using it, to a ReadyNAS Duo networked drive.

I want to fix and repair my library before moving it to the NAS.

I would love for the app to work on the network but honestly if it works once I would be happy with the price I pay.

I would love anyone with experience using these apps to chime in, maybe your experience applies to me...or maybe not.

thanks

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

How to isolate missing tracks :)

iTunes 8 can display exact duplicates if you hold down the Option key when you select the "show duplicates" menu item.