iTunes Files & Library Vanished!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mkaiser1, Nov 23, 2010.

1. mkaiser1 macrumors member

Hi all,

I'm hoping and begging for some help here. I have updated today to the new iTunes from the Apple UK site and for some reason I can now no longer see anything in my iTunes folder thats starts with the letters H-Z! It's as though everything has been deleted. The only thing is I don't think it has been and here's why...

...my iTunes library is on an external HD (a Time Capsule to be precise). The 500gb TC states that it only has 185gb left and I know my iTunes library is apprx 100gb. However, when I clikc on my iTunes folder in my TC it says it is only 20gb big (those folders that remain IE letters A-G).

I would try and open iTunes from my library file, but that begins with an 'I' and therefore it isn't there for me to click.

Any ideas? Please someone reassure me that I've not lost everything. I'm pulling teeth, hair and anything to hand. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!! :(

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

3. mkaiser1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but I the article referred to would only help if i could see anything in the iTunes folder after the letter G. IE it refers to selecting 'Previous iTunes folders' etc which begins with a 'P' and therefore I can not do.

I've tried resetting my TC and all sorts, but no avail.

4. mkaiser1 thread starter macrumors member