iTunes Films, What extras do they have?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by siddif, Nov 3, 2008.

1. siddif macrumors newbie

Hello i have been thinking for a long time if i was going to choose any HD film format id rather download than use a Blu-Ray player for numerous reasons

so my question is this Do iTunes or any other downloadable movie service have extra features such as Behind the Scenes or Trailers?

also i would like to know does iTunes UK currently offer HD downloads?

Awaiting a response, Siddif :confused:

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

No bonus features are included with iTunes movies.

3. siddif thread starter macrumors newbie

That sucks, if apple really expect to compete with DVDs and blu-ray they need the features or at least lower the price so its considerably cheaper than a feature packed disc

4. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

I think that apple are looking to compete in an arena where ease of use, compatibility and instant (read:impulsive) viewing is key.

I personally, rarely delve into the extras on a dvd. I buy most of my movies from itunes and then if I really like them get them on blu-ray. This was for me the best compromise.

The ability to download a film over night and watch it on the way to work with minimal effort the next morning is great. I also rent/buy films in bed at night if I fancy watching something

Just my views though, I know the extras are important to many ;)

D:apple:

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Last DVD box set that I bought, I never loaded the extra disk to look at anything on it. Usually, it's not really all that special.

6. siddif thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand where you both are coming from but being a media student the behind the scenes and commentary are very important to me in terms of study and personal interest.

Looks like ill be stealing my bros PS3 to watch blu-ray in the future, for now im sticking with Handbrake