iTunes "finishing synching" for over 2 hours

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sclawis300, Nov 4, 2013.

1. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

Any thoughts on what to do other than unplug my 5s? Never had this happen before.

2. joec1101 macrumors 6502

I've been seeing this on iPhone4S, iPhone5S and iPadAir as well.

I found this tip in another thread: click the "Sync" button while it's stuck in that mode and it should stop after another quick sync.

3. sclawis300, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013

sclawis300 thread starter macrumors 65816

That started the sync again but unfortunately it is still stuck on finishing.

4. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Try reformat and clean install of iOS7 on the iPhone; then set up as new. It seems to have worked on my 4S and my 5S.

5. dasams macrumors member

dasams

Not necessary as this is an iTunes bug. This happens to all of my devices since the last update and all I do is just unplug the device or stop iTunes. Apple will issue an update soon.

6. sclawis300 thread starter macrumors 65816

Lets hope so.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

I just click on iTunes to disconnect the device. It happens now and then, but doesn't hurt when I disconnect..

8. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Happened to me, but since the sync icon wasnt on the device, I figure it was just iTunes. Unplugged it and got no error messsage so I don't think it's a problem.

9. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

It's been happening to me using my new iPad Air. It's good to know it's a bug in iTunes. I don't want an issue with my brand new iPad. I just click the dismount symbol next to the iPad name to stop it. No problems doing that. I let it run for over an hour once before stopping it. it doesn't happen with initial start up of iTunes with the iPad connected. It only does it when I use the sync button to add some pictures

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

11. sclawis300 thread starter macrumors 65816

so does it actually complete the sync then, bust just looks like it is still working?

12. g35 macrumors 6502a

That's what happens to me. I unplug it even while it gives that message, and after it's unplugged all the stuff appears to be synced. If I plug it back in, the sync button is greyed out suggesting that the sync was successful (ie. nothing left to sync, that's why it's greyed)

13. AK10R macrumors regular

I had the same thing happen to me, I activated my 5s Saturday from back up.

Then on Sunday I was going to do a restore from back up. iTunes started syncing when I pluged in my 5s and got stuck there.

I waited a bit then clicked the "back up iphone" in the devices. I still had the back up from my iphone 4 but did not need it. It made a new back up and I ejected it when it finished.

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Confirmed for me too, and I'm on a 4S, 6.1.2. I unplugged, plugged back in, synced the phone, and it didn't happen a second time. I'll sync again and report back, as I caught this last night.

BL.

15. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Same here. All I do is hit sync a second time and that clears it.