Itunes Folder Moved help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Konradx, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Konradx macrumors 6502

Konradx

Hello,

So my motherboard died on my pc (B computer), and i had to use my C computer, and i plugged in my original hdd into the C computer, copied over all my music, and saved library list. When i installed itunes on my C computer, it automatically found my list, and kept my play count and what not..cool. But it cant find where the files are. I Can manually click on each one, but not select them all and update the locations. I tried importing the files, but that made me doubles. I tried changing the location in preferences in advanced to whre my iTunes Music folder location is, but it still didn't update.

I remember i did this somehow before and it automatically found my music. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

K

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Had you changed where computer B kept the music files? There should have been an iTunes folder in My Music by default, and dragging this folder (which includes the song files and data files) across to computer C and placing it in the My Music folder should have kept your songs and their playlists and so on for iTunes. Is this what you did?

3. Konradx thread starter macrumors 6502

Konradx

My C computer has a partition, one for windows, and one for the rest. On my B computer i had all my music under D:/mp3s/fullalbums

now its under F:\d drive\mp3\1) Full Albums

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, make a backup of your data files in the My Music folder on computer C, change the location of your iTunes library in iTunes' Preferences and then put the data file back into the My Music folder. Did it work this time? :)

5. Konradx thread starter macrumors 6502

Konradx

I switched the locations in preferences back and forth, and even reset it and then chose the right location. It says "updating iTunes Library" but then still doesnt find the locations of the files.

Should i remove the data files, delete everything from my list. Import the files then put back in the data files?

Thanks again. You'd think iTunes would just search out the files for you

6. Konradx thread starter macrumors 6502

Konradx

Anyone know anything else i can try? Or had similar problems?