iTunes Folder on TimeCapsule keeps Sleeping

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by brian1970, Mar 17, 2011.

1. brian1970 macrumors newbie

I have my Itunes Library on a 1TB TimeCapsule. Sometimes i have the Macbook pro on all day, when i launch iTunes and select a track it says its not avaiable.
    The only way i can wake up the Timecapsule hard drive is to go to File Browser and select files on it, i then hear the Time Machine Hard Drive start up.

Returning to itunes the music then plays.

What can i do to resolve this problem ?

2. brian1970 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Dickie macrumors newbie

Tc

Yes - I've seen this issue before in a few scenarios.

If you host your library on a NAS or remote drive, and it becomes disconnected - you get the errors you are seeing. Normally these mounted drives only disconnect when you lose connection to the NAS, or reboot.

The 'smart' thing about the timecapsule though is it mounts the TC drive on demand for the backup, but then disconnects it when the backup is complete (so you dont have mounted drives hanging around when you are away from home etc)

The way I found around this was to create an automator application that mounts the TC drive on launch, and then launch iTunes.

some similar useful info here;

http://www.20seven.org/journal/2007...es-library-with-multiple-macs-and-my-nas.html

I will warn you though that this doesnt work very well if you have multiple volumes on the TC / NAS. When the automater connects , if there are multiples it prompts you - so it only works seamlessly if there is only 1 volume