iTunes for creating playlists with multiple disc?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by php111, Oct 16, 2012.

1. php111 macrumors regular

I have a Windows PC, and this will be done with the iPod Classic 160GB. I do have a iPhone 4 which is 32GB, but we are talking about my Classic.

Most of my albums are multiple disc like more then a single disc album. This is what I done since I have no clue what I'm doing, and I don't like the way I did it. I created playlists for my iPod, and then dragged over my music into the playlists, so if its a certain album with multiple discs, in that particular playlist with the given name of that album, I have everything combined in any order. I would like everything to be in order with it being disc 1, disc 2, disc 3, and etc? How could I do that? Also, in that particular album, I highlight track 1, and highlight all tracks then right click to get info then check mark artwork, and then paste my artwork because I have it copied.

2. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

In iTunes, you should be able to set the disc number (i.e. disc 1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc.) If you do this and set the album name the same, it should work fine and list all the tracks in order by track and disc number.

I know this worked on my old 1st gen Nano before I got it replaced, not sure about the classic though...

3. php111 thread starter macrumors regular

Will setting the disc only works for the disc no? Or will that only works for the tracks? So I would need to highlight all the tracks from disc 1? Or what do I need to do?

4. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

Yep, highlight all the tracks that are on disc 1, edit the poperties for the disc number - this will apply to all the tracks you selected. Then do the same for disc 2 etc. Also, if the track numbers have not already been set, now would be a good time to do it - although obviously, you will have to do this one track at at time, not in batch or it will screw them up.

Hope that helps.

5. php111 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not understanding what I have to edit for the tracks and the discs. I'm not sure what to edit for both the discs and tracks. You said something I can't do that in a batch. I'm not sure how to do this all properly. I'm really sorry about that.

6. gluckett macrumors regular

Select the tracks in your library. Once you have selected them, right-click on the selection and choose Get Info. On the dialog that comes up, there are fields for tracks and discs. This is the batch mode being referred to earlier - change any field here changes it for all tracks. Once you have done the common fields (e.g. number of tracks for a single disc and number of discs for multiple discs), you can go change the track numbers on the individual tracks if you need to by just selecting the first track, changing the track number and then hitting the Next button to go to the next track until you are done.

7. php111 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. I'll try it later.

No one was explaining it badly. I learn slower then others, and plus I live in a group home with other people. I'm sorry I wasn't understanding. I'll try the steps that was given to me. Also, should I delete what I have already done then start adding all over? If I'll start over again then do I just add one disc in my playlist at a time? Or do I just add all my discs in together which I was already doing?

Off-topic. I'm looking for a short answer with a yes, or no. Does the iPod Classic handle gapless?

8. php111 thread starter macrumors regular

Bump:

I can't even edit the tags or whatever on a single song of a single disc, and I'm getting very frustrated, so I stopped trying until I know for sure how to do this. This was only for a single song, so I am not even sure how to group for multi discs. I tried the single then get info where I would like it to be the first song in both iTunes, and my iPod, so for the track I tried 1 of 1, but it didn't move the song up to the top, so I tried 1 of 12 because there was 12 songs, and it still didn't move the song.

9. php111 thread starter macrumors regular

Why did everyone give up on helping me and by answering my questions? I have been waiting patiently for new replies.