iTunes for PC: How to import multiple folders?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gusmahler, Sep 29, 2014.

1. gusmahler macrumors member

On my Mac, I hit Cmd+O, then I can select multiple folders. Each folder, all files within the selected folders, including sub-folders and files within sub-folders, get imported. Great when you're have have a bunch of files to import.

On my PC, I hit Ctrl+O, then select multiple folders . . . and only the first folder opens up. If there's a folder with files and sub-folders, only the files in the folder get imported. Nothing in the sub-folders get imported.

This gets really annoying when you have dozens of folders to import into a new computer. With my Mac, I just selected the topmost music folder and everything got imported. On my PC, I have to select each folder individually just to get to the music files, then Ctrl+A in that folder to get all the files imported. Then repeat for every single folder in the file structure.

Help!

2. Smellmet macrumors regular

Smellmet

Go into advanced preferences in iTunes and click on 'copy to iTunes media folder when adding to library'

Click 'music' on the left pane (I assume it's music you're putting on)

Drag all your folders to the main window and iTunes will copy them to your iTunes media folder for you then you can bin the originals.