iTunes for Windows 7.7.1 Has MORE BUGS than 7.7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Scooterman1, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

My iTunes 7.7.1 on MS Vista Ultimate has a LOT more bugs than 7.7.
    7.7 ran pretty good.
    7.7.1 is completely unsat.
    When checking the App store for Updates, it shows an update for the 22 Apps that I have downloaded.
    O.K., new version of iTunes, so to clear the Apps showing, I click on the Download All button.
    It then downloads all 22 Apps. BUT, when it's done, it still shows that there the same 22 Updates.
    I click on other things in the Menu on the left, then go back and it still shows all 22. I click on Download All again, and it repeats the process.
    So, now I sync the iPhone. They're still showing.
    Also, under my Library, it shows there is 1 Update available. This won't clear either.
    APPLE, CAN'T YOU GET IT RIGHT?

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I have a Macbook, but I have noticed problems. As soon as I downloaded the newer version, I tried to plug my iPhone back in and my iPhone would not even show up in iTunes. The mouse will turn into the color wheel (like the hour glass for Windows) and just freeze. I then have to force quit. I have went through this three times.

3. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

7.7 did this also. It's not new as of 7.7.1

search for petes sake.

4. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Actually, for me this problem started the minute I opened up iTunes after updating it to 7.7.1.

I have no idea why people have to be so rude.

5. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

That bug isn't endemic to 7.7.1

The only bug I've found that wasn't in a previous version of iTunes is as follows:

looking in the Library (in list view, no album art), click the search field, type something in, find a track, adjust its album rating. What you'll notice is that other songs in that album's ratings don't change, but the second you clear the search field the song's album ratings are updated.

[​IMG]

7. rball1979 macrumors regular

Same here.. I had no major probs with 7.7 but 7.7.1 didn't seem to like my iphone at all. itunes just locked and became unresponsive when I connected the iphone. When I disconnected it, all was fine...strange

8. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

I am also experiencing the update problem on one of my Mac computers. The updates shown as available are updated, but they then still show as needing updates. The process repeats as long as you are wiling to sit there.

My other Macs on the same account with the same apps are not showing this problem. The Mac with the problem is the primary computer where the initial purchase/download was done, and only 4 of the apps exhibit the problem.

-howard