iTunes for windows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by etaleb, Apr 7, 2012.

1. etaleb macrumors member

guys

I have two ipads belonging to two people (two separate apple id's)
    - none of the owners buy any apps or music. Just use free apps
    - just purely browsing the web, making notes, etc

Can I set up both the ipads under the same itunes profile or do I need to sign out by clicking on store -> sign out? My only concern is making periodic backups so that notes, the photos stay sync'd up in case I need to restore

Thanks

2. jb91 macrumors newbie

It will be easier for you to just have iCloud turned on on both of the devices with backup turned on. This means that every time they charge their iPads they will automatically back up to the iCloud (as long as they connected to the internet).

To turn/check it is on-

go to Settings>iCloud> choose the options you want to have synced with iCloud (this means they can access some of their stuff (calendar etc. at iCloud.com)> at the bottom tap iCloud backup> turn it on and tap back up now.

This will then make the iPad do its first backup. you can now forget about ever having to plug it into iTunes to perform backups. It also saves any potential hassle with Apple IDs as each of them just stays signed into their own.

This will do a full backup of the device including any app data, contacts, calendars, camera roll. The only thing it won't do is music.

Hope that helps.