Itunes Forcing Me To Restore Or Setup As New??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gatorac, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Gatorac macrumors member

So my phone started acting screwy. I saw a message saying that I was running out of space on my iPhone and decided to sync and download all the pics and vids to itunes but when I connect it show's my device name under the device menu on the left tab of itunes yet only gives me the option to restore from a backup or set up as a new iphone. It also say above the options "An iPhone has been previously synced to this computer."

What do I do? I'm jailbroken and unlocked and don't want to loose either. My contacts are backed up through exchange so that's not an issue. Anything else I really dont care to save as I've manually already backed up my pics and vids.

I searched and tried to point the device manager to the drivers to be updated but that did not work. Help please?

2. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

dont restore! is a problem with rock app. you have to deleted the logs in
    var/mobile/Library/RYP/logs/rockapp_{date}.log usind ifile or similar program and reboot right away.

link
    http://xsellize.com/threads/93668-WARNIN-MEMORY-LOW-you-might-have-it-today!!!

3. Gatorac thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Thanks a million! That fixed the low disk space problem but itunes still wont recognize my iPhone????

4. realSLiK macrumors newbie

real talks. i was just on my iphone today and i got the exact same message about low disk space. So i deleted some pictures. Then i went to go put some music on it, and i got this message. Its weird how we both have the exact same problem, on the EXACt same day. This is why i had to make an account just to ask for help. I deleted the log, and now i have good disk space, but i can still not sync. I think this is rocks fault, and i hope someone can help me fix this. Anyone?:confused:

5. dirtsss macrumors newbie

yeah im the same! had this error today :(

have you come across any solution to the itunes problem.

thanks

6. Gatorac thread starter macrumors member

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I have a customer that called me today with the same problem. and it happened yesterday

8. realSLiK macrumors newbie

this is making me want to sell my phone and get a droid.

9. dirtsss macrumors newbie

Did you restore or set up as new?

10. realSLiK macrumors newbie

i didnt do either yet. I dont wanna do it as new for sure, and if i restore it, then my phone will have everything but i'd lose all my jlbreakd apps.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You jailbreak and you install Rock, yet it's the iPhone's fault?

Have you actually been waiting two months to hear something? You're going to have to restore and redownload your apps from Cydia. You should get pkgbackup, so you don't have this issue again.

12. realSLiK macrumors newbie

not my fault the iphone is a piece of ****, and is useless without the jailbreak. F*ck the iphone, im getting an htc legend.

13. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

good see ya!

14. realSLiK macrumors newbie

deleting rock seems to have fixed the problem. I can now sync. However i still wouldnt have had this problemin the first place if apple didnt force me to use itunes. Android ftw

15. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You blame Apple for unauthorized software that you installed.:rolleyes: Also, no one forced you to buy the iPhone. You knew very well that Apple is a closed environment and that they exclusively use iTunes for their iPods.

16. realSLiK macrumors newbie

and if you don't jailbreak you cant even multitask, no themes, no 3rd party apps. Its like being born in jail and having to break out just to get freedom. I got the iphone cuz i got it for dirt cheap, brand new. Plus my other phone broke, and i figured that when i sold the iphone, i'd get more money for it used than i paid for it brand new. its a win/win. Do you like all apple products?

17. laz305 macrumors regular

I don't have rock installed only cydia and iTunes is only giving me the option to restore from backup or setup as new, I don't want to do either. Plus I deleted all the iPhone backups (I did it manually) and now it only has iPad backups and it still won't read my iPhone normally. Any easy fix for this?

18. MikeHolloway macrumors newbie

Don't need to jailbreak to be screwed by Apple

Haven't jailbreaked, but getting same problem on my 3G. Several things going wrong once I upgraded to 4.0.1. Seems it was a sloppy rush job. Think Apple will apologize for it?
    Maybe rebooting will help? I'm certain buying a Mac would help, but I'm only doing it if I get to punch someone first.

19. Motoservo macrumors newbie

That's rich, @realSLiK. A million 3rd party apps for sale at the app store and the only way you could use your iPhone was to jail brake it. Then you're upset that your hack job failed.

I think Apple is better off without some customers.