iTunes freezes Macbook on Open

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AgentBEATS, Dec 11, 2011.

1. AgentBEATS macrumors newbie

Every time I open iTunes it freezes my entire Macbook and I have to force close it to even use my computer.

I'm sure this problem has been answered before but I couldn't find an exact answer to what is happening.

I just got this Macbook and have barely anything in my itunes library to begin with. I don't have an ipod to connect to it, so nothing should be updating.

Any solutions?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Are you running iTunes 10.5.1? And is your Mac OS X up to date? Did you migrate from another computer? Will iTunes launch to an empty library or for another user account?

3. AgentBEATS thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I'm running 10.5.1 and OSX is up to date. I did not migrate from another computer and iTunes just launches normally, showing the few songs I have added and then freezes my Macbook.

I should mention that this only happens the FIRST time. Coming from sleep or from a restart or whatever, the first time I open iTunes it will freeze my mac and I have to hit command+option+esc to force close to even get the use my my mouse back. After force closing it I can then relaunch it and it seems to work fine after that.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Try signing out and back into the iTunes Store or de-authorize and re-authorize the computer. You may also want to try running Repair Disk Permissions using Disk Utility.