iTunes freezes randomly when playing music

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bewing, Feb 2, 2012.

1. bewing macrumors newbie

When playing music, and usually when I'm not picking each individual song (though not always), iTunes well randomly freeze, sometimes on the first song i play, sometimes not until an hour later:

-Song will stop playing - no sound, time does not continue to count
    -Play is still activated, it doesn't say that it has paused, though it has
    -Overall performance of iTunes decreases dramatically, and oftentimes I will get the beachball of death when trying to do anything in iTunes
    -after a varying amount of time, the song will continue to play, as if nothing happened
    -once this happens once, it is bound to happen again multiple times in the same listening session
    -Restarting iTunes does not really help
    -i have tried reinstalling itunes, with no help
    -i am using iTunes 10.5.3, but the problem has been going on for the better part of a year
    -i have a macbook pro, 15 inch, with Lion (but the problem was happening on snow leopard, as well), version 10.7.3, 2.53 GHz intel core i5 processor, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

obviously this is a huge problem, and really annoying, especially since I use my computer for party playlists and like to leave it alone with a playlist for a couple hours.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. gklcgr macrumors newbie

Same here

I have basically the same problem. Did you find any solution? My god i want to cry sometimes. For over a month i cant listen to my music:( Why apple treat it customers so bad?

3. bewing thread starter macrumors newbie

I have not...

no. It does it a little less, but still does and it is annoying as ever. I've been trying to get a snapshot of the activity monitor whenever it happens, but of course whenever I have it open and am playing music it doesn't freeze... typical.