iTunes Freezes Several Times Every Day

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 53kyle, Apr 13, 2014.

1. 53kyle, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014

53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but here is my problem. I listen to iTunes radio all the time, like several hours every day since it helps me work. Everything on my MBP (in my sig) is up to date, so OS X is 10.9.2 and iTunes is version 11.1.5. I did a fresh install of Mavericks fairly recently so I don't think anything is corrupt or anything, and both disk utility and the apple hardware test found no problems. The problem is that every few songs iTunes will suddenly freeze and my cpu usage will go to 100-150% (see screenshot). When it happens, the song currently playing will continue, but after it finishes, iTunes will stop playing anything. Whenever it happens, I can just force quit iTunes and reopen it but it is still annoying and wastes time when my computer is in another room (I use airplay) and I need to get up and fix it. Is this a known issue with iTunes or am I the only one?

EDIT: Another process using a lot of CPU (sometimes 200%) and stops when I force quit iTunes is called "systemstats." What is that?

Attached Files:

2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

You might find something by monitoring your Wi-Fi performance.
    Hold down the option key while clicking the Wi-Fi menu, and select the Open Wireless Diagnostics... item.
    Monitor Wi-Fi connection, performance pane of the App's Utilities window, and see if anything interesting happens before you get a radio dropout.

3. 53kyle thread starter macrumors 65816

53kyle

Sorry for the late reply, but nothing interesting showed up with the wifi connection, and iTunes is still crashing. I wish it would just force quit itself so I could get an error report or something.

4. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

5. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

I just think it is this version of iTunes. It has been really buggy for me since install and I wasn't sure if it was because I use iTunes Match but I'm hoping that the new version gets rid of the sudden freezes...

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I been getting issues a lot too lately. It locks up and iTunes Match gives me issues as well. The only way I can fix iTunes Match is to turn it off and then back on again.