iTunes freezes up...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iJesus, Sep 7, 2007.

1. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

... whenever I have my iPhone plugged into my computer itunes seems to freeze.

If I were to open up iTunes with the iPhone unplugged, it works just GREAT.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks

2. chrissurra macrumors member

I had the same problem, I downloaded itunes from the apple site and reinstalled it, then it didnt hang and updated my iphone.

It even left my ringtones alone

3. scottrob macrumors newbie

CPU to 100%

I have a similar problem. iTunes (Windows) hangs on exit. I can sync my iPod without a problem; iTunes closes properly. If I sync my iPhone, all goes well until I try to exit and then the CPU goes to 100%. I let it sit for a long while, but iTunes never closed. I end up having to kill the app with Task Manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes but that did not help. When I get some time, I am going to try disabling background processes/services to see if it is tied to one of those.

4. junker macrumors 6502

junker

itunes crash

Yeah, I get it too.

I get a crash 4-5 times a day. With that kind of frequency, I can't believe that there are only 4 posts about this...

I'm constantly force quitting because of hang/freeze.... This better get fixed.:mad:

5. scottrob macrumors newbie

I spent a couple of hours using msconfig to turn off services or block items from starting up, but nothing seemed to make any difference. It has been happening on my wife's computer with her phone as well. Maybe I will rebuild my system in a couple of weeks and see if that matters, but I am not hopeful.

I have done a lot of searching looking for a solution, but it appears that this is not a widespread problem judging by the responses or lack thereof.

6. merscnn macrumors newbie

Itunes freezes

Hey everyone, my Itunes seems to freeze every time I start it, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I have the latest version of Itunes etc, and it has been working perfectly for ever. until a couple days ago when I plugged in my Ip4, it started then froze. Now whenever i start Itunes it comes up with a 'updating library' status bar, this then disappears and Itunes freezes. The weird thing is that the computer doesn't recognized it as a non responding program. As a result the task manager is necessary to close it. I have tried repairing it, and uninstalled it and then re installed it, but the same problem continues...
    Any help would be great, it's doing my head in!
    Cheers!