iTunes Freezes w/Touch Connected

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by matt.stern, Aug 5, 2009.

1. matt.stern macrumors newbie

My apologies if this has been covered in a previous posts. I tried searching previous posts.

I have a 2G iPod Touch running 3.0. It was initially formatted for a PC but I am now an owner of a new MacBook. On my MacBook iTunes freezes when the Touch is connected. In addition, the Touch is sometimes recognize in iTunes but never recognized in Finder or Disk Utility. I tried connecting it to a Windows (XP) PC but it also freezes iTunes. However, the PC can easily recognize it. In the past, I've had no problem connecting the Touch to a Mac and even updated to 3.0 on a Mac. I also tried logging into an alternative account on my MacBook with only non-essential programs running in case of a software conflict but I still experienced the same problems.

I know that hard restoring is an option but unfortunately only my music is backed up. That said, I'd like to exhaust all options before hard restoring my Touch. Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    As long as you have a backup a restore isn't a big deal. Have you updated your iPod or your OS to 10.5.8 yet?