iTunes freezes when syncing iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spdan1, Nov 22, 2009.

1. spdan1 macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2009
    I have just bought a new laptop (Asus G51J with the new 720 i7 processor and windows 7) and have a brand new iphone (32GB 3GS) with OS 3.1.2.

I have been attempting to set up the iphone, however, iTunes keeps freezing when I attempt to sync the iphone. I have restored factory settings on the iphone and un-installed and re-installed iTunes multiple times and still cannot get it to work.

I have searched the internet, and found others complaining of similar problems, but have yet to find a fix for the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    All help very much appreciated.
  2. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

Feb 17, 2008
    Earth Lane
    Does your iTunes function correctly without the iPhone being connected ?

Not to bag on Windoze product but Mac simply works..
  3. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2009
    Same problem here. I just let it fix itself as it usually will still sync even when frozen. I don't know why itunes 9 does that because 8 worked perfectly normal. Maybe there is some files I can dump from the program to make this run smoother.
  4. spdan1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2009
    iTunes works perfectly without the iphone connected.

Still searching for answers.
  5. Acronym macrumors 68000

Apr 26, 2008
    i had this problem too, put into DFU mode i think that solved the problem for me but i cant remember exactly what i did at the time.
  6. con500 macrumors regular

May 9, 2009
  7. mikejfrd macrumors regular

Jun 8, 2009
    Mine freezes as well. It will sync even while it's "frozen" but I have to keep connecting and disconnection the iphone to get itunes working again. It's quite annoying! I'm on Vista btw.