iTunes freezes when syncing iPhone 3GS

spdan1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
I have just bought a new laptop (Asus G51J with the new 720 i7 processor and windows 7) and have a brand new iphone (32GB 3GS) with OS 3.1.2.

I have been attempting to set up the iphone, however, iTunes keeps freezing when I attempt to sync the iphone. I have restored factory settings on the iphone and un-installed and re-installed iTunes multiple times and still cannot get it to work.

I have searched the internet, and found others complaining of similar problems, but have yet to find a fix for the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?
All help very much appreciated.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
I have just bought a new laptop (Asus G51J with the new 720 i7 processor and windows 7) and have a brand new iphone (32GB 3GS) with OS 3.1.2.

I have been attempting to set up the iphone, however, iTunes keeps freezing when I attempt to sync the iphone. I have restored factory settings on the iphone and un-installed and re-installed iTunes multiple times and still cannot get it to work.

I have searched the internet, and found others complaining of similar problems, but have yet to find a fix for the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?
All help very much appreciated.
Does your iTunes function correctly without the iPhone being connected ?

Not to bag on Windoze product but Mac simply works..

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
Same problem here. I just let it fix itself as it usually will still sync even when frozen. I don't know why itunes 9 does that because 8 worked perfectly normal. Maybe there is some files I can dump from the program to make this run smoother.

spdan1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Does your iTunes function correctly without the iPhone being connected ?

Not to bag on Windoze product but Mac simply works..
iTunes works perfectly without the iphone connected.

Still searching for answers.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
i had this problem too, put into DFU mode i think that solved the problem for me but i cant remember exactly what i did at the time.

mikejfrd

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
Mine freezes as well. It will sync even while it's "frozen" but I have to keep connecting and disconnection the iphone to get itunes working again. It's quite annoying! I'm on Vista btw.